Pages

5.25.2009

Baby Shower/ Doctor's Appointment Update

So, this past weekend Matt and I went home to Ms. Riding in the car for a long period of time really makes for a long trip. I just get so uncomfortable. It was good to see all our family again, especially since we won't be making a trip back home for a while. It was a very busy weekend, but a lot of fun. My family gave me a baby shower Saturday morning and is was so much fun. We got a lot of cute things for Carson. We also played several games. They were a lot of fun. Here are a couple of pictures from the shower.








































We also celebrated Mr. David's birthday on Saturday. We had a very yummy dinner and he got some really neat presents.



Today, Matt and I had another doctor's appointment. I have gained 1.5 lbs...which isn't as much as I needed to gain. My blood pressure looked good. They measured my fundus and it wasn't a big difference from last time. So, they wanted us to get an ultrasound done just to make sure that he was growing like he should. When she said that I started to get really nervous that something was wrong. We did the ultrasound and he is about 5 days behind what he should be. They said that was ok for now...they would just keep a close eye on us. Right now he weighs exactly 4 lbs 7 oz. He is in a breech position right now...he has a couple of more weeks to figure out what position he needs to be in. I do not want to have a c-section... We weren't able to see him very much because she was looking at a bunch of different things to make sure everything was like it should be. We were able to see that he has some hair on top of his head. Carson's heartbeat was about 138 which is good. We asked if I was able to do any more traveling and they said no. So, Matt and I will be staying in AR until he is born. Matt and I were so thankful that everything was ok with our baby. We go back to the doctor again in two weeks and then we start going every week. It won't be long until he arrives... we are so ready for him to be here. We just keep praying that he continues to grow and develop as he should so he is healthy when he arrives. I will continue to keep you updated on our progress.

1 comment:

  1. Don't let your doctor visit scare or worry you too much...we went through that one visit and then never again. And if you remember, Connor was a whopping big boy. Even after I had been admitted to the hospital and right before my epidural they thought Connor was still breech?!?! not the case at all...don;t let it get your stressed or nervous that would not be good for you or him. God is in control and everything will be fine! Keep up the good work...can't wait to come this weekend!

    ReplyDelete