When you think about Valentine's day the word love comes to most peoples minds. Some other words that might come to mind include: gifts, flowers, candy, romance, cards and dinner. Valentine's day is fun for some and depressing for others. No matter if you have someone special you may be with or what challenges you may be going through right now, you will always have JESUS. He gave us the greatest gift of all...his Son.
Here are a couple of verses for today.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:12-13
On another note, here is how we spent our Valentine's Day...
We started the day off with blueberry heart shaped pancakes. Might I add that Carson loved my pancakes. He ate every single one that was on the plate below.
Then Carson opened his Valentine's day present. We gave him some frog rain boots, paint, brushes and paper. He was so excited.
I decorated the table with hearts that Carson and I had cut out a couple of days ago.
Then, Carson and I had some errands to run and since we were out anyway we had a lunch date at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was so good. He loves it just as much as his mommy does!
Matt and I decided this year we would celebrate at home. I am looking forward to our sushi date tonight! It is one of our favorites.
I am so blessed to be loved by so many, but especially by my sweet husband and son.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

So sweet! Y'all are such a precious family! :)
ReplyDelete