Pages

7.12.2011

Pink Eye

Our big boy woke up yesterday morning with a bunch of sleep in his eye. I thought to myself no big deal. But, as the day progressed his eye got worse and worse. He had so much junk coming out of his eye I felt like I was cleaning it every few minutes. By lunch time his eye was almost swollen shut. I had given him some benadryl because his eye was watering so much and I could tell the itching was bothering him. Well, by the time I got to the doctor the benadryl had kicked in and it was nap time so needless to say he was very sleepy. Thankfully, he cooperated for the doctor so she could examine his eye. Diagnosis: Pink Eye.

They prescribed him some drops that we have to apply 4 times a day. I wasn't quite sure how he was going to do with us putting drops in his eye. I needed Carson to be still and not rub his eye while we were doing his drops, so I decided he could get an M&M for each eye that. Yes, I gave him M&M's. (That is a very rare treat for him)

I feel so bad for him. This morning he woke up and his eye was completely swollen shut. I asked him if his eye hurt and he responded with please and then pointed to his left eye.

I have no idea where he picked this up from, but I am SO glad that it waited to appear AFTER his 2nd birthday.

This momma is one tired momma today. Having a little one with pink eye is hard work. I had to wipe down everything he has touched because pink eye is so contagious. Not to mention all the extra laundry that comes with it. Then you have to make sure he doesn't touch, rub or wipe his eye because I definitely don't want it to spread to the other eye.

Needless to say, we have had a lot of practice washing our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment