Pages

5.04.2012

Swim Lessons Day 2

Day two wasn't as big of a success as day one. After each class he always tells daddy what he did and yesterday his statement was, "Daddy, I didn't like it today." The water was FREEZING for starters. The weather was very overcast and they didn't have the pool covered so it was cold. I think that was part of the reason Carson didn't like it. For this session they learned how to go all the way under water and Carson wasn't a big fan of that. He has never really liked going all the way under water so I knew this would be a challenge for him. By the end of the class he was much more comfortable going under which was a huge success. However, he did not like floating on his back. He did great the first day, but that is because I was supported him more, yesterday they wanted us to only support their heads so he didn't feel as safe. He would start off on his back and then roll over onto his stomach because he wanted to be held. I felt bad for the little guy so I didn't push him very hard. I just tried to keep him calm and talk to him through the exercise so we could still participate. When the class was over we had a few minutes to spare so I practiced with him on our own time and he did great! He was very relaxed and did what I asked and he floated on his back for about two minutes with me only supporting his head. Yeah! I am hoping that with each class he will feel more and more comfortable with the water and enjoy being and playing in the water...

No comments:

Post a Comment