Pages

7.17.2012

3 Year Check-Up

We went on Friday for his 3 year check-up. I remember the very first time we took him. He was so little. Now, he weighs 30 pounds and is 36 1/2 inches tall. He is still in the 33% for height and weight which is about where he has always been. His pediatrician asked all the normal questions like is he talking in good sentences, is he learning his colors and abc's? I said, " yes" to all her questions and added that he already knew his colors, letters, shapes, can recognize his name, is potty trained, sleeping in a big boy bed etc. She was very impressed :) 

While we were there, I mentioned that the night before he had run a low grade temp and had a cough, but when he woke up Friday morning his fever was gone. She wanted to run a strep test just to make sure he didn't have it especially since we were going into the weekend. Sure enough, he had it. Boo! So, after a pit stop at his favorite restaurant Chick-fil- A, we headed to get his antibiotic. He was such a trooper getting the test done and being at the doctor's office for 2 1/2 hours.  I am so glad I mentioned his fever because over the weekend you could tell he really didn't feel good. He would complain about his throat hurting and wake up at all hours of the night wanting to rock or needing water. I hate when he is sick, but I do love that he wants to snuggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment