We had great spots on the beach thanks to my mom and aunt. They would wake up EVERY morning at 5:30 to pick us out a spot on the beach. Y'all may think this is crazy, but there were so many people that if you waited until later you would wind up in the back with a view of chairs and umbrellas instead of the beach. They would spread our stuff out so the kids would have plenty of room to play...we had quite the set up going on.
We weren't sure if we were actually going to be able to go to the beach due to the tropical storm that was suppose to come, but thankfully, it headed east and we had perfect weather the whole week. I don't think the temperature ever got above 95 degrees it was windy most of the time which was very nice. The water was so clear and pretty until the last day due to the seaweed. The waves were pretty big the first day, but pretty calm the rest of the time.
 |
| snack time :) |
 |
| Daddy showing Carson how to build a sandcastle. |
 |
| Not sure who this little boy was. He just came over and started playing. |
 |
| Off to ride the boogie board with daddy. |
 |
| Wheee!!!! |
 |
| Relaxing in the hole mommy dug. |
 |
| Sitting on the raft waiting for a wave to get his feet. |
 |
| Playing in the pool with Ethan. |
|
|
|
Carson loved every part of the beach. He loved digging in the sand, building sandcastles, floating in the ocean on the raft, jumping over the waves, eating snack on the beach, going for walks, playing frisbee, flying the kite and looking for crabs.
 |
| This is a dolphin. I tried so hard to get a better picture, but it wouldn't ever come up far enough for me to get a good picture. | | | | |
|
|
|
I can't remember what day it was, but I was out in the ocean floating with Carson on the raft when all of the sudden I heard whistles blowing...and then everybody quickly getting out of the water. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I high tailed it to shore. Come to find out, there was a bull shark swimming in the shallow waters.
 |
| (source) |
It was a baby shark, but still! My cousin swam out to see it and was about 3 feet away from it! He fought over in Afghanistan so he isn't scared of too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment