Many years ago, my family lived with my grandparents and almost every Saturday morning, I would help my grandfather pick up sticks in the yard. I was about 12 years old and I would drive the Bronco with a 16 foot trailer attached to the back by myself through the yard and help him pick up all the limbs in the yard. After we were done, we would drive down the street to the local gas station and get a nutty buddy and bring it back and sit on the back porch and enjoy our ice cream.
This weekend, we are in town for a cookout for my cousin who leaves next week for training for the military. So this morning, my grandfather had some limbs he needed to pick up so Carson, Matt and I offered to help. I told Carson that when his mommy was a little girl this is what I would do. Of course, he didn't really know what I was talking about, but when he found out that he would be able to drive the Bronco and help pick up sticks he was all in.
| Waiting for Papa to hook up the trailer to the Bronco. |
| While we were waiting, he wanted to 'drive' the tractor. |
| This is the vehicle I learned how to drive with. It is a '75 Ford Bronco. |
| He was like...I don't have to sit in my car seat? |
| Found a stick. |
| Such a big helper. |
| About to drive the Bronco. |
| All the sticks we picked up this morning. |
| Now it time to set them on fire. |
| All the boys watching the fire. |
Carson had so much fun picking up sticks and driving the Bronco with his great-grandfather.

No comments:
Post a Comment