After 5 days of being sick this little guy was able to go back to school today!
Not too sure if he was ready or not. Over the weekend, we found out that his teacher had quit! Yes, you heard me. After one week, she quit. I mean who does that to a bunch of kindergarteners? Found out that she took another position at a different school. So, his new teacher will start full time tomorrow. They have had subs fill in in the meantime.
After I dropped him off this morning, I went and spoke with the principal. She filled me in on what was going on and let me know that her office was always open any time I had any questions or concerns. I felt much better after I spoke with her. His new teacher's name is Ms. Holland. This will be here first year to teach kindergarten. I have high hopes that she will be just what this class needs and that they will have a great year with her.
I decided to surprise Carson today and eat lunch with him at the school. I wanted to do this last Friday, but didn't get too since he was sick. He was so surprised and excited that we came to eat lunch with him. I got to see how lunch went at the school too.
After lunch was over, he told me he wanted to come back home with me. I told him that his school day wasn't over yet and he had to stay but that I was going to come back in just a couple of hours to pick him up. He then started balling his eyes out, holding on to me...so upset. He is never like this..I wasn't too sure what to do! With baby in tow, I walked him all the way back to his class, meanwhile he is still crying, and told him I loved him and I would be back. I finally just had to leave. This was not how I thought lunch was going to go at all. He had 2 teachers in there today which was great...one to teach the kids and one to help settle Carson down. I felt so bad. Come to find out...one of the teachers was his new teacher. So I got to meet her even though it wasn't how I was planning on meeting her. She seems really sweet and caring. I hope he has a great rest of the day and hoping that tomorrow he has the same go get'm attitude he normally has!!
Found this school prayer and thought I would share.
I picked you up from school today and you said, "mom, I forgot all about you." Not really the words I was expecting to hear, but I'm kinda glad he forgot about me so he could enjoy the rest of his day. He was all smiles when I picked him up.
Found this school prayer and thought I would share.
I picked you up from school today and you said, "mom, I forgot all about you." Not really the words I was expecting to hear, but I'm kinda glad he forgot about me so he could enjoy the rest of his day. He was all smiles when I picked him up.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment