We were home for two days after Christmas before we hit the roads again. We rented a Nissan Pathfinder and it was so nice. We had so much room!
Thursday: We headed for Knoxville, TN where we spent the night. We were in the car for ten and a half hours and Carson did great! He is doing great with potty training..didn't have one accident the whole time we were away!
| He was asking to see my camera. |
Friday: We traveled to Gatlinburg, TN where we took Carson to the Ripley's Aquarium. He had a blast. Then we walked around Gatlinburg for a bit and went to Ole Smokey Moonshine. They are the first place to legally make and sell moonshine. On our way out, we drove through the Smokey Mountains. It was so beautiful. Later that afternoon, we finally made it to Asheboro, North Carolina. We had just enough time to check in our hotel and change clothes before we had to be at the church for the rehearsal. After the rehearsal, we went to this neat building that was part of the zoo for the rehearsal dinner. Carissa's brother cooked everything and it was so good.
| Carson took this one. |
| and this one |
| and this one |
Saturday: Carson and I just hung out in the hotel room while daddy was at the church getting ready for the wedding. I am so glad I packed lots of toys for us to play with in the hotel room. After a quick nap, we drove over to the church for the wedding. Carissa made a very beautiful bride. The wedding ceremony was very sweet. Carson behaved and didn't wave to daddy to many times :) The reception was at another cool building and everything was very pretty. We had good food and Carson found a little girl that he danced with.
New Year's Eve: I was planning on going to bed early because I was so tired from all the traveling, but my sweet husband kept Carson and I went out with my family to restaurant/bar to celebrate bringing in the New Years. The bride and groom even joined us for some fun.
Sunday: We headed towards Nashville, TN, but on the way we stopped by my grandparent's mountain house. I had only been once and was so excited that I could go again and bring Carson and Matt. We were only able to stay for about an hour, but maybe one day we can go back and stay for longer.
| You can kind of see the rainbow |
| He slept on the fold out couch two nights while we were gone and didn't fall off! |
Monday: Was a very.long.day. We were all very tired of riding in the car and probably a bit tired of each other..We made it home early afternoon and boy where we all glad to be back home!!
All in all, we had a good trip and enjoyed everything we were able to do.
Congratulations Harrison and Carissa!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!















No comments:
Post a Comment