This afternoon, we found out that God has blessed us with a sweet baby GIRL!
I was shocked to say the least, but Matt just had a feeling that it was a girl. The ultrasound lady asked if we wanted to know and we said, "YES!" Then she asked what we thought it was..we all gave our answers and then she asked if we were ready....
She starting typing on the screen...G..I...R...L..
I was so surprised. Carson was excited and Matt was not shocked with the results but overwhelmed. (I think dollar signs started going off in his head, and boys and paying for a wedding all flooded his mind.) Thankfully, it will be a long time before we have to deal with that.
She, that sounds so weird, is healthy. Everything looked great! She is a wiggly little thing which I already knew. (When I say wiggly, I mean wiggly. She was moving around so much that you could see bubbles in the amniotic fluid from all the movement going on.) It was really cool to see. The ultrasound tech had a very hard time trying to get her heartbeat and a look at her organs. Her heartbeat was 148 and she weighs 8 ounces. She is currently breech, but nothing to worry about right now because she has plenty of time to get in the right position. We got a good look at her hands, we could even count her fingers. She waved at us at one point and Carson thought that was too cool. We saw her feet and her little heart beating. We saw her tummy and her kidneys. And there was no mistaken her for a boy.
We are very excited about having a little girl, still a little shocked at the moment. We have been looking forward to this moment for a while. Now on to the fun part of picking out a name, decorating her room and buying clothes. Carson even made the comment on the way home that we needed to buy her a bow.
So thankful for a healthy baby girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment