Pages

5.08.2013

Carson's Surprise

Matt and I have wanted to get Carson a swing set for forever, but for several reasons we decided to wait until this year. Matt's parents offered to help Matt put it together and I'm so glad they could help because I was definitely not much use. The one thing we worried about was the weather. Well, the weather proved to be uncooperative. A few days before they arrived the weather was perfect...sunny with a nice breeze. It went from sunny and 80 degrees, to rainy and 40 degrees. Bummer! We didn't let a little weather mess up our plans. We adapted and overcame!
SURPRISE!

My mil (mother-n-law) and I sorted through all the many parts and separated them into all the different phases according to the instructions. I think this step was the most vital. It made the whole rest of the process go very smoothly.


Because of the weather, Matt and his dad put sections of the swing set together in the garage. It went rather quickly and they probably could have had the whole thing put together in a day if the weather had permitted.





Building his 'boat.'

Waiting patiently.

Such a good helper.

Saturday, the rain had let up enough for them to transport the swing set from the garage to the yard. Yeah! We were all so excited. They worked on it all morning despite it being wet and about 40 degrees outside. After the got the frame set up and leveled they added a swing and the slide. We let Carson go and try it out, but it was so cold he could only play on it for a few minutes.
Front row seat inside where it was nice and warm.









Daddy testing it out to make sure it's safe.






There are still a few pieces we need to add to it like the rock wall, a glider and the sandbox. And then we need to fill in the play area with mulch....we will get it all done soon I hope. But for now, we are enjoying the parts that are finished. Carson and I had a picnic in his 'fort' today. Once I managed to get my 7 month pregnant self up in the fort Carson asks, "mom, how are you going to get back down." Good question. I was definitely not going down the slide...it is a bit on the fast side!


It was so fun to surprise Carson and we would not have been able to do it without the help of grandpa and grandmomma........thank you again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment