Pages

6.19.2013

A Little R&R


This past Thursday, Matt took Carson to the 'country club'.  That is what we call Matt's parent's land. This was their first daddy/son trip. I can't tell you how excited Carson was to go.  The week leading up to their trip, he marked off the days on his calendar and the morning of, he came running in our room at 6:45 am and said, "daddy, I'm  ready to go."

Here they are ready to go.
They had so much fun. They went fishing, swam in the pool, roasted hotdogs, played baseball, played in the dirt, Carson rode his gator while daddy rode the tractor. Carson had his first camping in a tent experience.  Carson had lots of fun playing with his cousins.





 










What did I do while they were gone you ask? Well, let me start by saying that this is the first time in over 4 years that I have been by myself. I was actually looking forward to a little 'me' time, especially since 'me' time won't happen again for a long, long time.  I did lots of resting and relaxing. I finished all my projects for Carson's birthday party. I got my hair cut and enjoyed a wonderful massage. Took long baths. Enjoyed eating peace. It was heavenly, but I did miss my boys terribly. I face timed with them at least once a day while they were gone. 

As I type this, I keep looking at my phone to see how much longer it is before my boys are home..they are T minus one hour. I can't wait to see them.

Since they have been home...

Carson had a very busy weekend and it wore him out.... this is him still napping at 4pm.... (he never sleeps that late and I had to wake him up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment