Pages

8.23.2013

one month


Happy One Month Birthday Sarah!



 Stats:
  • 8 lbs 9 oz (30%)
  • 21 inches (45%)
  • HC: 14 inches (14%)
  •  Hepatitis B shot
  • newborn size diapers
  • newborn clothes 


All About You:
  • You nurse every 2-4 hours. It just depends, but when you wake up, you are happy for 0.3 seconds before you let out a blood curdling cry because you are hungry.
  • You get vitamin d drops every day.
  • You aren't on a schedule so planning the day can be a bit challenging. 
  • When you get mad, your face turns red, you kick your legs and scream as loud as you can.
  • You nap a lot during the day. Mommy has to make you stay awake so you won't be up all night. You will only go to sleep if you are nursing or mommy is rocking you.
  • At night, I get up between 1-2 times to feed you. You nurse for about an hour or hour and half and then sleep really good.
  • You aren't a huge fan of the bouncy seat or the mommaroo. You like being in your mommy's arms.
  • You love to be held really close. When you are wrapped up, you like your arms free!
  • You finally have learned to like a passy! Thank goodness. We tried about six different kinds and the one you settled with is the same kind your big brother liked.
  • You LOVE bathtime. You are not a happy camper when it is over. 
  • You can hold your head up all by yourself. 
  • Your hair is starting to thin out and get lighter. Daddy and I hope it stays dark.
  • You love to look at lights and you can follow people's faces and voices. 
  • Your carseat is a love/hate relationship. We never know if will sleep or scream.
  • Your eyes are still blue! Yeah, I hope they stay that way. At first, they were tiny and squinty, but they are slowly opening up. I love looking into your eyes.
  • You are starting to fill out.
  • You do not like having a dirty booty :) 
  • You smile when you are nursing and when you sleep. It is the sweetest thing. 
  • You have been out several times. You even went on a walk at the park.

Dear Sarah,
I still can't believe you are here. It seems like just yesterday that daddy and I were anxiously waiting for your arrival. I still can't believe I have a daughter. I am so excited about all the things you and I will get to do as you get older.  You are so precious. Daddy and I often tell each other how beautiful you are. God has truly blessed us. This month has by far been the most challenging month of my life, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Adjusting to two has been very different than I imagined it would be. You have taught me many things. You aren't on a schedule which has been challenging for me. I like to be able to plan my day and I have had to learn to adjust and let some things go. You have also helped me work through some challenging times. We had some rough patches with nursing, but together we figured them out. I love you more than you will ever know and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. You are so precious. I don't want to wish this newborn stage away, especially since you are my last, but I sure am glad we made it through the first month and I know next month will be even better.
 I love you sweet girl,

Love, Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment