- weight: 15 pounds 10 oz
- length: 25 1/2 inches
- HC: 16 1/4 inches
- Shots: HIB, DTap, IVP, Rotovirus and Flu
- size 3 diapers
- 6 month clothes
All About You:
- You can roll over! You started rolling from your tummy to your back, but now you can roll over from your back to your tummy
- You know your name.
- You are a very happy, smiley girl for the most part.
- You are loosing a lot of your hair. You have a couple of long strands of hair right in the middle of your head.
- Your eyes are still blue!
- You love to sit up and play. You do not really like laying down to play at all.
- You aren't a huge fan of playing in the exersaucer, but you love sitting in the bumbo seat and watch everything going on around you.
- You are getting a lot better when we travel in the car. I put lots of toys around you to keep you occupied. And when you are tired, you mostly just go to sleep without all the screaming and crying!
- Your rash has cleared up. I put lotion on you everyday. Maybe you just had really dry skin.
- My Bible study started back this semester and you have had to go to the nursery. They say you are a great baby as long as you are being held. You last almost the whole time before you get hungry and mommy comes down to feed you.
- I stopped giving you rice cereal. It made you very gassy and constipated.
- You have tried carrots, avocado, sweet potatoes and prunes. You love them all.
- You have had a little bit of apple juice to help you go potty. We had to give you a suppository once :(
- You don't like being alone. You want to be right in the middle of all the action.
- Right now, you are pretty much a mommy's girl. You will let other hold you if I am not in sight, but as soon as you see me it's over. You pretty much just want me and you think I need to be in your line of sight at all times.
- You sleep much better on your tummy.
- This month your sleeping patterns have been all over the place. For a while you were doing so good. You would go to bed around 6:30-7:00 and wake up once during the night and then wake up in the morning around 6:45 or 7:00 and you were very easy to get to sleep. That lasted a couple of weeks and then you started waking up lots in the middle of the night and you would fight me going back to sleep. You are so loud that mommy wouldn't let you cry it out because you would wake up everybody else. It's so funny because when you brother was little I would never turn the monitor off because I couldn't hear him cry if it was off. With you though, I can hear you loud and clear with the monitor off. You are much, much louder than I remember your brother being, but that's ok. You just want to make sure you are heard.
- Mommy is starting to let you cry yourself to sleep during nap time. I hate this part. I just want to go grab you up and rock you, but I think it will help you learn how to soothe yourself back to sleep at night. We will see how long mommy can stick to this :)
Dear Sarah Grace,
Happy half birthday. You have changed so much in the last six months. The next six months will be fun too. I am a bit torn though. I am excited about you growing and learning new things, but at the same time I am a bit sad. Even though it isn't always easy I am going to miss these stages. You always light up when you see your brother. He loves trying to make you smile or laugh. He is so proud to be your big brother. I love that you are a mommy's girl right now even though sometimes it is very hard. I am savoring every moment...the good and the difficult. Looking forward to the next six months with you.
Love you,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment